Maintain the Shine – Jewellery Cleaning
As I stare at the jewellery box on my dresser, with my bracelets dangling from it and the necklaces prohibiting the lid from closing shut, I wonder:
When was the last time I cleaned my jewellery? The answer is one I wouldn’t wish to express to anyone.
We all have our favourite jewellery items; from the quintessential ring we don with everything to the minimalist pendant which seems to go with all attires. I surely have some! Thus, it is only fair we give them the care they deserve. Go for a simple exterior shine or a deep cleanse from within – the sky is your limit to ways of jewellery cleaning.
Town Talk Jewellery Polishing Cloth
From diamond necklaces to gemstone rings, we have a lot of jewellery items in our care. After wearing them, we usually place them on the table top, or keep them in a box. Yet, seldom do we sit down to clean them from the dust they have accumulated for the day. Apart from dust, gemstones are usually left with our fingerprints. These may not seem much on the exterior, but when the ring glistens under the sunlight, the shine is diminished due to the existence of dirty prints.
Love wearing your jewels but suddenly they lack their shine? Something must be done about this, and this is where the jewellery polishing cloth by C. KrishniahChetty Group of Jewellers comes in.
A special fabric, the microfiber jewellery cleansing cloth comes in a protective clothing. Specifically designed to clean jewellery, the cloth is used by many jewellers as well to clean the jewellery from prints and other dust.
How should you clean your jewellery?
- Take the cloth out of the protective wrapping.
- Gently rub your jewellery surfaces to clean any marks. The jewellery can range from gemstone rings to platinum necklaces, gold bracelets, silverware and more.
- Fold the cloth and return it to its protective bag, for later use.
Easy, durable, and certainly low on the pocket, the jewellery polishing cloth is a simple way to maintain your jewellery’s shine as if it were new.
Town Talk Gold Jewel Sparkle
Sometimes, our jewellery needs some firm cleansing. A cloth might not do the trick, so we turn to other avenues instead – such as a cleansing liquid. Yet, such special cleaning is only done periodically. Which means, you cannot go around immersing you jewellery in the liquid after each use. It should only be cleansed after long periods of time, or when your jewellery especially begins to lack the sparkle it previously had.
C. Krishniah Chetty Group of Jeweller’s jewel sparkle liquid is just what we need in such circumstances. With tongs, a brush, and the special jewellery cleansing liquid – jewellery cleaning never seemed easier.
How does this cleansing work?
- Use the tongs to grip your jewellery firmly.
- Open the lid of the liquid container, and gently immerse the jewellery in the liquid.
- Make use of the brush to scrape off any dirt from the jewellery. In these COVID-19 times, it is best that you give it a good scrub to free it from all sorts of bacteria.
- Keep it immersed in the liquid for a maximum of 2 minutes, and not a second more. Excessive submersion can result in wearing off of the color of the jewellery, thus be very careful.
- Rinse the jewellery with water and dry it with a cloth.
Voila! Your jewellery will be as good and pure as new.
The Town Tank Ultrasonic Cleaner
If you are a cleanliness freak like me, you would want full deep cleansing for your frequent wear jewellery items instead of the usual simple solution and cloth maneuver. With the ultrasonic cleaner by C. Krishniah Chetty Group of Jewellers, such cleansing is not a mere desire but a reality now.
After purchase of the cleaner, the machine may appear peculiar and difficult to operate – but it isn’t.
Follow the steps below for squeaky clean jewellery:
- Connect your ultrasonic machine to a power socket, and ensure the blue light enlightens.
- Open the lid of the machine and pour water and the cleaning solution into it. The cleaning solution shall be provided along with the purchase of the machine from C. Krishniah Chetty Jewellers, thus you need not worry for the particularities. Add it to the water in the prescribed ratio by your jeweller.
- Add your jewellery to the mixture. Do not add many items at once – ensure a good gap between the items when placed into the machine.
- Press ‘On’ and watch the magic happen as the jewellery swirls and vibrates to be cleansed inside out. Remember, a working indicator light should pop up as you press ‘On’.
- Cleanse the machinery for 3 minutes maximum.
- Take the items out of the machine. Rinse them with water, and dry with a washcloth.
Behold – thoroughly cleansed jewellery.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring hygiene and cleanliness is of utmost priority. Since the virus is known to stay on surfaces for a long time, it is imperative for our health and security, that the jewellery we wear often is maintained clean and pure.
Curated by Viswanath Mohan